Book Seven Minirun Planning
Back to Book Seven Miniruns
Sign up for (if you want) up to two miniruns. (If you are dithering, or not sure if anyone wants to join you, you can include multiple options with question marks, but we urge people to eventually decide on the ones they want rather than making us do so.) There may be some miniruns which we already want to have (there's one to start with, but we might instantiate more as puttering starts up); we may list you in those, but will try to avoid making more than one run "required". List potential dates you can make, through September 9. If we can get everything done, we will start back up on September 12; if we have to push the minirun schedule later, we'll start on the 26th.
The GMs can make:
Weekends (including Friday evenings): August 1/2 (okay, this was overly optimistic), August 22/23, August 29/30, September 5/6
Wednesday evenings: August 5, August 19, August 26
Monday evenings: August 17, August 31
If there is interest in a Puttering / Shopping Barbecue, we'll have one of those on a weekend day.
Elizabeth/Yanyu: Available August 1st 1:30 to 7:30, August 23rd & September 5th 12-6 PM, Hoping to be out of town the 29/30. I can be available the other times the GMs are if there is a childcare swap or we run at my place.
Derrick/Shen-Ji: Any M/W/F evening, any weekend except 8/5.
Charles/Sei-Lin: September 5/6 weekend and Monday August 17 are best. Weekend of August 22/23 probably works, but mom will be in town so I'd be bringing her. Aug. 28-31 mom & dad are both in town, so that probably doesn't work. Wednesdays have a standing conflict, but I could free one up if I had to.
Heidi/Lijuan: Unavailable Wednesdays and September 5/6
Robert/Wei Han: 8/5, 8/19, 8/26, 8/17
Megan/Kasumi: 8/17, 8/19, 8/26, maybe 8/31
Kate: Unavailable Aug 3, Aug 4, Aug 7-Aug 23. Sep 6 from about ~3-6p, Wednesdays after Labor Day.
Tom: Could do a skype call-in on 8/17, 8/22, 8/23, 8/26, 8/30, 8/31. Might be in town for 9/5 or 9/6.
A Party of Five Rings - August 14, 7pm
- Kuan Xi
- Cai Wen
Something Southern (August 17)
- Wei Han
Go to Dragon's Throne and scope out Robbing The Cartogramancer (August 26)
- Cai Wen would join (disguise good, not reflexes-sneaky, but info gathering and has other business, such as finding what's up with Willow, and fiddling with Illumineuacracy, possibly doing favors for the Taiga Regent)
- Min Feng is willing to come along to assist Cai Wen
- Xiao Fa wants to visit the Palace of the Nine Dragons in the Jade District, and would be interested in joining for that purpose. He doesn't think he has so much to contribute to a scoping/surveillance run, though.
Conversation re Takanata (September 5 afternoon)
- Min Feng
- Xiao Fa
Talking to the Countess/the Sun (no date)
Master Zhou has an idea that getting the Sun to show Inspector Fu the truth of the attack on the monks of the Steadfast Heart would help clear his name. First step might be speaking to the Countess about arranging a meeting (or if she thinks that's a terrible idea, that's good to know too). It seems likely that a mini-run would be better than puttering, given current player tendencies.
- Master Zhou
- Xian (Tom is just assuming Cael's interested in this and Xian is willing)
- Lijuan (If you don't mind monkeying it up some more)
Find the Circle of Blood Again and learn (KS:)Blood Magic (7:30pm September 11)
- Li Merit
- Wei Han
Stop the Alchemist
- The Alchemist is once again focusing the chi of the Empire through a gate to Spider. We have less than a week to stop him. Perhaps rather than chain-thwarting him we could give some thought to where *we* would like the chi of the Empire to go.
- People who haven't yet been in 2 miniruns. Not feeling completely helpless when adventuring in the Dragon's Throne is a plus.
Deal with Bobby Li
- Bobby Li is an EXCELLENT demon-ridden urchin who is Lijuan's chief rival for the post of Emperor of Children. He's not a bad kid, but his excellence is completely superficial. Defeating the demon of animal cruelty in book eight miniruns was costly even with the support of the Forest of Chin.
- ? other people excited about playing with urchins and/or making huge sacrifices to resolve tiny side plots.
Changing the Cycle and the Forest of Chin
- Lijuan has promised not to change the essential nature of the Forest of Chin, but is not so keen on keeping Monkey in the cycle. We could visit the Forest, the Library, or some other relevant information source to explore how we might get rid of Monkey without changing the Forest too much.
- ? other people interested in getting Monkey out of the cycle.
Gain favor from Commander Yao and/or Commander Hsaio
- Not sure how we'd get the favor, but Wei Han wants people in the Army to train and teach at the Winter Academy and that'll take a favor. Wei Han's intention is probably to go, tell him what he wants, and ask what we can do in return... hopefully most of the minirun will be doing something for them, not finding out what they want.
- If this could be somehow grafted on to a plot to "rescue" Fa Mulan, Lijuan (and probably others) would be interested.
- I have no problem with that, but it'd be the GM's call.
- Wei Han
- House Foon, the House of Exuberant Interference, and other party controlled houses could engage in some sort of cooperative risk-like game to advance our causes and thwart our enemies. I'd suggest Illuminocracy, but that seems to be a two player game.
- People interested in mid-level politics.
Exuberant Interference Recruiting/House Building
Yanyu is psyched to find a good apprentice or two to help with the House Monopoly thing, and was wondering if other members of the house wanted to help jump on that or engage in other house enhancing type activities. (This would be more centered on building up the house and thus different from the proposed house politic run which seems to be more about playing the house mechanic.)
Interested in a Puttering/Shopping BBQ (August 30)
- Wei Han (but not available most weekends)
- Cai Wen
- Min Feng
- (surely!) Kuan-Xi
- Xiao Fa