Connections Readings Book Six
(Underlines, crossouts, and italicized words added by the I Ching)
From Puttering Before Framing the Party
- The Obsidian Warlord seeks to put Spider's Mark on the South.
- He has taken a fleet south to do so, with many people that he does not particularly care if they return.
- He does not plan to land in the South himself.
- He does not plan to bring back those soldiers he does land in the South.
Your quill hovers over the previous three, looking for what to cross out. Nothing is false, but there's... something a little wrong in the spaces between.
- His plan could be inconvenienced by Hiro being near where he plans to land soldiers.
- His plan could be inconvenienced by Kali's High Priest being near where he plans to land soldiers.
Your quill hovers over these two. You cross out "could be". Then you start to cross out the whole line with Hiro in it, but you don't, and you tap the line with Kali's High Priest a couple of times, but don't do anything yet. Then you take the bottom of the page and fold it up over these two lines. That looks better.
Interpret Omens on this Mess: Is the problem that he's not actually planning to land anyone? (12 Successes)
There's something in that direction, but that's not all of the cause of the mess.
Also From Puttering Before Framing the Party (With a Seized Moment from Cai Wen)
- Lucky Chang was responsible for Bear Mountain being renamed Iron Mountain.
- During the working which changed the name back, Lucky Chang's plans for Bear Mountain were cut away by the Immortal Prince.
- The monks of the Steadfast Heart Sect have been given temporary authority over the White Pagoda
- Lucky Chang has been seeking contact with monks of the Steadfast Heart Sect, intending to use them in another attempt to rename Bear Mountain.
Lucky Chang knows that the Immortal Prince has cut off his plans for Bear Mountain, and is trying to circumvent this by acting indirectly.
Lucky Chang does not know the source of interference with his plans for Bear Mountain, and is doing experiments to learn more.You cross this out, slightly more lightly.
Takanata suspects that last comment means he is running in effect running such experiments accidentally, but isn't doing so deliberately. He hasn't confirmed that with Interpret Omens.