If you have money, and don't know what to do with it, this page might help.
So far, most shticks that can be plausibly stuck into a magic item can be bought. So this list is not supposed to be a comprehensive list, but rather a starting point for getting ideas. Thus, it should include one example of a particular mechanic. If it starts to get too full to be useful, we should probably trim off the obvious things and only leave the surprising.
Where possible, note a price. Perhaps we can estimate the Shtick-to-Cost formula better than "quadratic or worse, maybe." Also, you can get a feel for whether or not you can afford something.
Just because an item exists, doesn't mean that it's easy to find. You putter to find stuff, and will often find something *similar* to what you are looking for. Sometimes, the similar thing is cooler than the original thing, so keep looking!
Items That You Can Probably Buy
- Weapons that give extra dice on every attack. +5 dice costs ~40 li.
- Clothing +3 to Charisma vs one person at a time ~35 li
- Citron plant, x2 Charisma 1/run, vs the person you give a flower to ~15 li
- Ritual taper, Spend 1 Chi, get +1 die to all rolls in one ritual ~1-2li
- In the Roof of the World, a bow with x5 damage (up from x3) costs 1 tael.
- Bracers of blunting metal -1 multiplier ~60 li
- Cane of Free Action ~120 li
- Books with +knowledge skills
- +3 to KS 1/run, 6 skills initially undefined, roll as if you knew the skill ~8 li
- Necklace of using CHA for Move, as long as most of your opponents can understand you ~35 li
- Sneak attack items, use INT for attack if opponent isn't expecting it ~4 li
- Monocle of seeing through an animal's eyes 22 li
- Scrolls that you let you buy wrong-cycle-animal shticks for right-cycle-animal prices (expensive, probably increasing with the Tier of the shtick. 500 li gets you a set of five, varying from Tier 1 to 5. Considered Rare, but Merit has seen them.)
Items Seen in the Roof of the World
- A very handsome bow made of silver-colored wood that does x5 damage, being sold for a tael.
- A Swift-Shooting Bow, made of a dark black wood inlaid with tiny green flecks, which gives you a second attack once per turn, for 45 li.
- A bow of +3 dice for 15 li.
Items Seen in the Illuminated Precints
These prices are all from the Illuminated Precincts
- Vial of obscuring smoke (one-shot, covers an area on the map, many actions are capped by Per successes; most defenses not affected): 2 li
- Potion of Bear's Repose: +5 dice on next death check (one-shot; lasts a few hours once you drink it.): 1 li
- Tattoo of the Falling Tortoise: +5 dice on your next death check (lasts as long as you need to wait): 2 li
- Parrot Feather Amulet (1/run, warns you when you are being attacked, which lets you defend in a surprise round): 4 li
- Lesser Parrot Feather Amulet (one-shot, warns you when you are being attacked): 1 li
- Boots of Inspirational Swiftness (1/run leap for double move, including straight up): 15 li
- Vial of ninja-quality smoke (one-shot, usually lets you escape, but usually punts you from the run for a few scenes): 8 li
- Vial of lame-escape smoke (one-shot, leap for double move, including straight up, with bonus smoke!): 4 li
- Single-shot magic items with cantrip-type effects: 20 zhu
- Box of fireworks (none with any special mechanical effect): 1 li
Things possibly of use during a Firestorm:
(Note, none of these have been integration-tested with Ice Chips and Firestorms)
- Fire-resistant blanket (protects against fire/heat for a few rounds): 5 li
- Fire-resistant pouch (protects a small object against fire/heat for a few rounds): 2 li
- Power 4 (1/2 damage) one-shot fire resist items are around 2-3 li
- Power 7 (no damage) one-shot fire resist items are around 5-7 li
Things That Don't Exist, But Plausibly Might Have
Nothing here yet. I just think there should be a category for stuff we've hunted and hunted for, but cannot find.