First Book of the I Ching
Revision as of 23:20, 3 April 2012 by Takanata
The Beginning of Insight
Level 1 shticks:
- Reputation: 1/run, One learned in the I Ching will achieve the respect of many. Freq 2, Power 3.
- Reading the I Ching: 1/run, Read the I Ching on someone and find out information about them and their near future. Freq 2, Power 3.
- Connections I: 1/run, Tell which of six related "Facts" are false, provided at least four are true. Facts can't be reused in the same run. Freq 2, Power 3.
- Memorize the Pattern: 1/scene, you may spend at least a minute throwing the I Ching for someone as they watch. Lock this pattern in your mind. You will be able to pick this person out of any crowd. (You may only have 1 memorized person at a time for each copy of this shtick.). Freq 3, Power 2.
- Eyes of the I Ching: 1/run, May spend a Yin die to turn your eyes black and white. While in this state, you are unable to see mundane things, but instead see the chi of all living things. Freq 1, Power 6.
Level 2 shticks:
- Prophetic Art: 1/run, At the start of a run, a prophetic poem. Freq 2, Power 5.
- Crossroads: 1/run, You may consult the I Ching and state which of two opposing options will lead most (quickly, easily, safely, etc.) towards a specified goal. (Choose your adverb at the time.). Freq 2, Power 5.
- Analyze the Pattern: 1/run, Know the Aspect, Specialty, Best Skill, and Highest Shtick of a memorized person. Freq 2, Power 6.
- Tweak the Pattern: 1/scene, Swap two substats (within the same stat) of a memorized person. Lasts for the rest of the scene. Freq 3, Power 4.
Level 3 shticks:
- Find the Pattern: 1/scene, Know the location (Direction and Distance) of a memorized person. Freq 3, Power 5.
- Connections II: 1/scene, Sense the deepest connections between any two people within your sight. Freq 3, Power 5.
- I Ching Scrying: 1/run, Given a collection of tokens, you may instinctively divide them up into those which are Yin, those which are Yang, and those which represent the Chi. In this way you may attempt to clarify the sides of a conflict, or other separation of the dynamic nature of reality. You must have at least six tokens, often slips of paper with names on them, but other type of tokens might produce other effects. Alternately, you can propose a question, and consider who (among the people whose I Ching's you have read) is most appropriate as an answer. (Exactly why they are appropriate may not be clear. In some cases, you may get a Yin/Yang/Chi set of three people.) Freq 2, Power 7.
Level 4 shticks:
- Sense the Pattern: 1/10minutes, Know the Health and general status of a memorized person, regardless of location. Freq 4, Power 5.
- Hand Upon the Pattern: 1/run, Decree the fate of a memorized person. He will arrive at the specified location at the specified time, if at all possible. Make a Yang roll with I Ching Mastery to determine how strongly fate will press him towards the goal. Freq 2, Power 10.
Level 5 shticks:
- Wall of Fate: 1/turn, Spend a Chi to focus your own chi to make yourself immune to any chi/sorcery based attack/effect. Freq 3, Power 9.