This is a holding page for information about threats, allies, and so on, in the military sphere. At the moment, the focus is the (eventual, becoming imminent) expectation that the Warlord will attempt to destroy the party militarily.
During Week 3 of the Winter Mechanic, looking into the Warlord's plans, Takanata created this:
...which seems to be a reminder that we were warned that the Marked will eventually come after us openly (i.e. perhaps militarily, though other interpretations are possible), and that we have almost nothing to oppose them with.
(Sections below are not complete as of 10/25/2020...)
- Illuminated Precincts [20 points]
Dragon Army (presumed to be available to the Obsidian Warlord)
Total of about 140 points
Military Units Directly Controlled by the Party
- The Dragon's Claw (Grew out of Shen-ji's plan) [2 points]
- The Yamato (Kuan-xi) [1N* points]
- House of Exuberant Interference (Several people) [??]
- House Foon (Lijuan) [1-ish points; if combined with Siew might add up to 3?]
Resources that could help build an army
- The Winter Academy -- currently funnelling grads to the Dragon Army, but that could be re-pointed
- Spirit point (1 point currently in party loot is earmarked for Wolf, to build an army unit)
Plausible PC hooks for building army units
- Shuyan, as a candidate for Queen of the Strand
- Min Feng, has titles everywhere. (Is that an excuse to build an army unit, or a basis for shticks in stealing them?)
- Wei Han -- Winter Academy
- Master Zhou -- The White Pagoda
- Deng -- He's the Blade of the Golden Prince now; that's either a hook for building an army, or a prohibition...
- Merit -- White Lotus (Traditionally, they gather together to do crucial things...)
- Yanyu -- Maybe via the Moon?
- Xiao Fa -- Wants to be Emperor, really should build an army... Governor of Tanzhe?
- Yoshi and Hiro probably both have units, we could get help from them.
- Hana is unspeakable now, might be able to fight an army.