Council Makeup and Authority
The Regency Council is the highest authority in the empire, charged with maintaining the empire until a new emperor takes the throne.
The council meets in the Hidden City and is made up of one representative of each of the twelve kingdoms. There are a couple of ex officio members of the council as well, although they technically do not have a vote, and are not referred to as "Regents".
How each kingdom chooses its regent is left up to the individual kingdoms. Some are appointed by their respective monarchs, some are shuffled on a regular basis.
Currently known members of the council are:
- Ishii Makato, Ti Wren's brother, is the regent from the Butterfly Kingdom. He was appointed shortly after Ti Wren's marriage.
- Qin Chao Steppes - Much more casual (appearing) than most of the rest of the Regents, he has a big file cabinet that he consults to decide what to do, and is happy to trade votes for future favors. His wife is also involved somehow, in that whole weird Steppes way. He is nice enough that he can roll for sixes against Cai Wen, and Cai Wen will definitely be trying to stop by his house again next time we're in Dragon's Throne.
- Craneslake Heights - A serious crane, she noticed the "battle between light and dark" in Revelations, and traded some votes for the briefing that it's a fight over turning into the Spider Empire.
- Shrouded Isle: Kusuhara Romi
- Bear Mountain: Conservative and concerned with the traditions of the Empire. Was willing to be helpful to Min Feng, as a Minister from his country.
- Jade Taiga: Zi Miro Khan (who was encountered at a distance in Shadow Puppets)
- Forest of Chin
- Hon'eth Arcade A major player in the Illuminocracy mechanic, Master Deng defended him from an honor duel for a vote or two.
- Hidden City vice-mayor
- Strand Happily trades votes for secrets. No one else waits in her waiting room when you arrive, and you enter her office through the secret door, not the visible one. She already knew about the "making it the spider empire" plan, but took the Lobster vs. Speedy story for a not-too-close vote.
- Plains of Honor "I don't trade votes. Give me military information." But we kinda liked him.
- Illuminated Precincts
Ex Officio Members
- The Obsidian Warlord
- Mayor of the Hidden City