Sakong estate renovations
Sakong Estate Renovation Plan
- A "steering committee" of Master Tranh, Xiao Fa, Sun Peng, Elder Brother, Sakong Yue and myself work out the form and extent of renovations, basing it on the needs to stabilize the land and other aesthetics and taking into account her family's desires as well. [DONE]
- Yue will take charge of generating initial ideas for the renovations. [DONE]
- Master Tranh is on board with the plan for a 50 li fee (Xiao Fa talked to him). [DONE]
- Shen-Ji's requirements:
- A dedicatory marker be set up at the end with the names of all those involved presenting these renovations to the Sakong family. The marker should be moderately sized and noticeable, but off to the side a bit and not a central blaring element of the renovations. This should add a prestige element to have Yun Ling permanently associated with this project to help get her on board.
- The modifications should have some interesting goal of shaping/harmonizing the Chi flows involving the plants/trees and landscape to get Sasaki interested in the project.
- I contact Sasaki and Yun Ling with the commitee's plan in hand and get them on board. Hopefully, it will have the interesting elements to get Sasaki interested and the prestige to get Yun Ling interested. If necessary, we do revisions. [TBD]
- Next, I get the stonemason recommended by Sun Peng to start work, since the physical labor will take the longest time. [DONE, 1 Tael paid, 1 Tael held by Sakong for completion]
- Sun Peng will do the advanced stonework as his favor once the base stonework is done. [TBD]
- At some point in the future, once I get the necessary funds and the stonework is done, Sasaki and Yun Ling are called in to do their part. [TBD]
House Sakong has a long and reputable history as a minor noble house; they have never been one of the Great Houses of the Precincts, but neither have they made unwise allies that have earned them enemies. Their fading has been a slow one, in part because of the battle against the shifting river. The Precincts Houses are not like the Arcade houses, where each one specializes in a particular economic product; their farms produce quality linen and unexceptional rice, and their house library is better than many. They have never had a peasant uprising, which is not really *that* exceptional for the Precincts, but is a point of dignified pride with them.