|Hit Points||HP = (Health + Energy) * 5|
|Move||Move = (Strength + Energy) / 2|
Stat Categories (Physical, Mental, Spiritual): The category of a stat determines how many phases you need to make any particular action in a combat situation.
Primary stats (Body, Reflexes, Mind, Social, and Tao): These are always equal to the minimum of their associated substats. If some effect temporarily lowers a primary stat, all substats are reduced by the same amount. If some effect temporarily raises a primary stat, all substats below the new value of the primary increase to equal it.
Substats: The 15 substats (Strength, Accuracy, etc.) are what you actually spend your XP to raise, and generally roll most of the time.
Base Values: All physical and mental substats start at a base value of 3. All spiritual substats start with a base value of 0. The common peasant can be assumed to have a 3 in most physical and mental stats.
Costs: Raising a substat from a value of N-1 to N costs you N EPs. All intermediate steps must be paid for.
These examples by no means encompass everything, but may give you some better ideas what we imagine the stats do.
- Strength: hold onto a grabbed person or escape from a grab; holding up a collapsing ceiling; movement
- Resistance: (Comet-style toughness in combat); resist damage from fire
- Health: Resist poison
- Accuracy: Hit someone;
- Dexterity: Dodge; acrobatic breakfall
- Energy: Stay awake; movement
- Intelligence: sheer intellect, memory, lore, figuring things out, detective work
- Wit: noticing things, avoiding tricks and traps
- Resolve: stubbornness, resolution, devotion, will rolls
- Charisma: Persuasion, Seduction
- Grace: Dodging persuasion and seduction; Sense motive. Note that the "observing people psychologically" perception skills will tend to be Grace.
- Status: General social level. (e.g. "Make a status roll to see if you got invited to the ball".)
- Yang: Chi-blast
- Yin: Healing
- Chi: Deep in the Midst of Magical Rituals