"rub how whip"? Seriously? --HeidiB 12:42, 26 September 2010 (UTC)
- It strikes me that Autumn Rose's method of solving the page is to find the names, which is fitting because she is a collector of names. Lord Takanata's method, as suits a master of the i-ching, is to find the small inconsequential seeming words which are necessarily limited in number and build to a greater meaning from there. My method is to guess from a set of larger words that have do with relationships, astrology, elements or spirits. Xian's method seems to be... Confounding. Elizabeth 16:13, 27 September 2010 (UTC)
- Rub how whip. 屳鍁韯褼襳先苮馦枮忺韱奾廯暹纎嘕鱻仚祅蹮 18:42, 3 October 2010 (UTC)
This is much clearer if you have a font which doesn't render a lot of underlines as a solid line. I'm calling for monaco here, because that's reasonably common, and is clearer than anything else I have except for DPCustomMono2, which is the special-designed font for telling things apart. --Boojum 21:53, 19 September 2010 (UTC)
Added another font at Cael's request; feel free to stuff your own fonts in as options.
Trying the theory that this is a report of some type, perhaps of a spy or a bureaucrat. Fearless 18:10, 28 September 2010 (UTC)
I think there's an error in the "completed" version -- should be ... her name ---- and the name of Tokai Takanata,... Also, I claim "Eye for Detail" skill is relevant to this project; do the GM's agree? --HeidiB 10:57, 3 October 2010 (UTC)
- I added the extra "name", you're right (though "her" is one word back, there). Eye for Detail is just a subset of perception, noticing small details in particular; what you want is one of the weirder skills. "Chi Mastery" seems to be the popular one to buy a level of. --Boojum 13:27, 3 October 2010 (UTC)
Suggestions someone might want to incorporate into their experiments
Second paragraph, "way to the _capitol_ of the"
--Ringrose 21:01, 28 September 2010 (UTC)
- Capitol of what, then? That snippet is followed by (6) (5), which does not map to any kingdom name or "dragon empire" which is (6) (6). You could say 'way to the capitol of the empire', but then you have to come up with a five letter word that works before the following in. Elizabeth 19:20, 29 September 2010 (UTC)
- If I knew that, I'd suggest it. Remember that names have been changing, too, so you also need to check the older versions. "Nearby lands" is 6-5, and so are a bunch of other things. --Ringrose 20:28, 29 September 2010 (UTC)
- I checked the old kingdom names as well. I spent a fair amount of time going through this looking for possible phrases. The only current kingdom names that may appear in the entire text are The Strand (3-5), Savannah of Tears (7-2-5), Hidden City (6-4), and Shrouded Isle (8-4). One of the two possible Shrouded Isle instances has been revealed since I did my search, and since it's a current name I think any other kingdoms will be named by their current name. Someone else can try it if they think I'm wrong. Elizabeth 21:01, 29 September 2010 (UTC)
My next guess is likely to include starting the text "The Savanna of Tears hired Autumn Rose..." unless someone else gets to it before I have a chance, though I've been coming up dry on what '(9) a (10) of names' might be. Collector is 9, but it's in the wrong place grammatically. Elizabeth 21:01, 29 September 2010 (UTC)
However, "collection" is 10 and fits as "a collection of names". --Ringrose 01:05, 30 September 2010 (UTC)
- No collection. --HeidiB 11:04, 3 October 2010 (UTC)
"Her own name" -- Andrea
Presumably it's "the/her/his way to..." but we don't have enough info yet to say which -- Andrea
"The ?? of names named Autumn Rose"? -- or do we think we have all the instances of "names" that appear in the document? -- Andrea
"attempted" a divination of names. -- Andrea
- or "performed" or "conducted" Xian 21:29, 12 November 2010 (UTC)
The name she sought was "that of the" ? "of" Takanata, "or" the Wanderer -- Andrea
...the Shrouded Isle ["like" or "over"] that of the .... -- Andrea
date pare flee save gate nice made back hate fast ease pact make file late have lack bane gaze fail jade pack bare fine base tact name fair take safe fire tale once rage tame sage fall page sake five gale farm lake free game pale lame fore lane gave. Or taco. Probably not taco. Xian 04:19, 14 November 2010 (UTC)
... cut off the chi of the Shrouded Isle from that of the mainland. Elizabeth 22:25, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- Yup. --Kasumi 20:01, 20 November 2010 (UTC)
Seven letter relationship nouns for second sentence: brother, advisor, servant ... Elizabeth 22:30, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- Oh, I missed the "friends" is wrong clue... nemesis is a 7 letter antonym for friend. Elizabeth 11:56, 18 November 2010 (UTC)
of the Firelord's person on the way to the chamber of the Smoked Glass in the Shrouded Citadel.
The Firelord gazed into the Smoked Glass, seeking a vision of the blockade. He saw first the...
... but did not find what he sought: --Kasumi 02:03, 21 November 2010 (UTC)
Perhaps we should leave the second word blank. I don't think it will change the meaning of the page, and we were warned to leave some words blank.--Kasumi 01:56, 20 November 2010 (UTC)