Difference between revisions of "Talk:Plots"
m (1 revision)
Latest revision as of 14:27, 16 July 2010
On League of the Hidden Hand/Opium Smuggling - While Li Merit did lay claim to breaking up an opium smuggling ring by this group in Boot to the Head, it's deeply unclear that's what actually happened. All we really know is that they had a portal into that cave from somewhere else, which we did disrupt with the yellow crayon, and that someone left a small box with their personal opium stash in the locked cave with the portal. In Daizhou, we did learn that the League of the Hidden Hand does smuggle opium, but we might not want to assume that's what's going on with that crazy portal.
- You said they had a lot of boxes. I don't think *all* those boxes could be full of opium, could they? What else goes in boxes that get sent by magic? Could the boxes have stuff like paintings and diamonds in them? -- Lijuan 12:44, 27 May 2009 (EDT)
- There was "one small box full with what looked like a guy's personal opium stash." We saw no other boxes in the cave. --Kate 14:44, 27 May 2009 (EDT)
- It occurs to me that the portal, if fixed, could be used to bypass the blockade. --Shen Wei Han 13:11, 27 May 2009 (EDT)
- True, though we have no idea where the other side is, and the mage fled back to the other side right before we ruined it. --Kate 14:44, 27 May 2009 (EDT)
- I believe I can "fix" it by erasing the defacement we put on the circle, but it still doesn't help us find the other side; we could reactivate it and try using it, if we wanted to risk being ambushed (or worse) - Shen-Ji
- If we can fix it, so can they, right? So let's go ambush them when they come to fix it! Or worse! --Lijuan 12:13, 1 July 2009 (EDT)
- No, they can't fix it, unless they physically come to the mine and have another copy of the magic writing stick (or something more powerful) to erase the defacement. This is unlikely to succeed given the guards which are supposed to be posted there. - Shen-Ji
- At this point, if we were to go through it enough time will have passed that there is not going to be an active ambush. However, there could be a trap, or something as simple as having the target of the portal in a locked room. More likely, they're going to either fix it or establish a different portal we don't know about. --Shen Wei Han 12:15, 1 July 2009 (EDT)
On the southron ritual, there are some more stuff that could go under presumed truths based on the analysis that Yanyu did for Takanata, but I'm not sure if he's shared that enough with the others to justify adding it. Elizabeth
- Feel free to add stuff you think we know. Charles 12:02, 30 June 2009 (EDT)