Difference between revisions of "Talk:The Lost"
m (1 revision)
Latest revision as of 14:27, 16 July 2010
More Insubstantiality should have frequency text matching its number (or vice-versa). :)
- I think it's correct. --Mjperson 14:29, 29 July 2009 (EDT)
- As Derrick would point out, we have put things like "Spending a yin to use makes something -1 frequency" in rather obscure places. --Boojum 22:11, 29 July 2009 (EDT)
Also, what are durations for things like Insubstantiality that are state-change rather than one-shot? "Rest of scene"? Something else? It depends? :)
- "It depends" - very roughly, one usefulness. If you are vanishing before the bad guys come in the room for their secret conversation, it'll probably last until you decloak or they leave again. If the trapped chest is about to explode in a fireball, it'll last until the fireball is done. --Boojum 22:09, 29 July 2009 (EDT)
The above makes Insubstantial sound like it includes Invisible, which I had assumed was not the case -- is that actually what you want? -- Andrea
- Sorry, I was envisioning standing inside a piece of furniture or something in order to hide. --Boojum 07:57, 24 August 2009 (EDT)
So, if one went into combat Insubstantial, it would last one attack and then be gone? Or the whole combat? (Hm, this is sounding like another of those schticks whose frequency I'd buy up if I could...) -- Andrea
- In combat, it'd be for one attack. --Boojum 10:46, 3 September 2009 (EDT)
Painful Touch is a combat schtick with no associated skill, i.e. much less effective than a regular "special weapon" schtick -- can one use Unarmed Combat (or other unarmed combat skills, such as Kung Fu) in conjunction with this schtick?
- Yes, you can use unarmed combat type skills to touch someone. (In general, you can always buy skill in making a roll that a shtick requires you to make, though sometimes it is an esoteric skill like "fireblast" as opposed to a skill which can be used without the shtick.) --Boojum 07:57, 24 August 2009 (EDT)