- Hey Derrick, let me know if you want to try and work something out too, background wise. (Though I've only been in the Butterfly kingdom for a year or two.)
Hey Kate. My current background works well if I've never let the Kingdom, so hopefully you can deal with that. Any ideas on your part?
- Well, clearly then our acquaintance is in the last year or two. Is Yang likely to be around the court? - Kate
Yes, he's very much a city-boy and a court person. I'm thinking that his master doesn't like politics/high society much, so I get to be a court representative a decent amount. The easiest premise is that we started with a common "We're both new to the court, are low ranking people and need to band together" type of arrangement and exchanged information/tips, etc and are now actual friends.
- That certainly sounds plausible. Is he the type to have approached someone new? Or would she have had to approach him? (Since Yang was clearly there first.) --Kate 13:18, 19 February 2009 (EST)
Yeah, I think he'd probably have approached her first. He's in his comfort zone in court and would likely be confident there; I think it would be interesting to have that reversed when the party heads out into the real world or wilderness.
- Okay, that works well for me too. Pull me aside for a little bit on Sunday or Wednesday, and we can hash out the rest in person then. Sound good? --Kate 13:43, 20 February 2009 (EST)
瘍脤魕? 佯紳卙? 濾甚楫? 鉠蜃耤? 餉砷姬? 揚訠漈? 珜裑亟? 紻诜膌? 杨霆鲫? 眏甞簊? 禓屾箿? 輰胂忣? 旸兟幾? Xian 23:12, 22 September 2009 (EDT)
Cael, I can't really read Chinese, so post in English if you want a response. If you're asking what my character's name is, I have no idea, I only know how to pronounce it correctly, not how to write it. -Derrick
- ὤ μοι ἐγών, εἰ μέν κε πύλας καὶ τείχεα δύω, Πουλυδάμας μοι πρῶτος ἐλεγχείην ἀναθήσει, ὅς μ' ἐκέλευε Τρωσὶ ποτὶ πτόλιν ἡγήσασθαι νύχθ' ὕπο τήνδ' ὀλοὴν ὅτε τ' ὤρετο δῖος Ἀχιλλεύς. ἀλλ' ἐγὼ οὐ πιθόμην: ἦ τ' ἂν πολὺ κέρδιον ἦεν. νῦν δ' ἐπεὶ ὤλεσα λαὸν ἀτασθαλίῃσιν ἐμῇσιν, αἰδέομαι Τρῶας καὶ Τρῳάδας ἑλκεσιπέπλους whoops sorry about that. Yeah, all I really wanted to know was the pronunciation. Xian 15:50, 23 September 2009 (EDT)
Gah, my Greek is very rusty and I don't have a lexicon with me. Looks like a passage from the Iliad, but my vocabulary is sparse enough that I can't really translate more than fragments offhand. Anyway, I don't know how express the pronunciation in text form, so you'll have to wait until you see me in person next. -Derrick
- Yup, Iliad.
- I'm irrationally impatient, so let me try something else. I'm assuming Mandarin tones just because those are the files I can find. Xian 19:15, 23 September 2009 (EDT)
Umm, not sure exactly what you're trying to display here as my Mac doesn't understand it, but it's the 4th tone (descending) for Ji. -Derrick
Curse you! Give me back my crayon! ;P --HeidiB 13:46, 5 March 2010 (EST)
I really wanted "little cannon" to be pronounced "ka-pow!" --Boojum 15:15, 13 June 2010 (EDT)
- There is a word pronounced 'kah' which means stuck or jammed, but calling him 'jammed cannon' isn't very propitious. :) Another possibility is a word pronounced something like 'kwah' which means to collapse or fall down. 'The Cannon Which Causes Things to Collapse' might be OK. :) -Derrick