Connections Readings Book Five
(Underlines, crossouts, and italicized words added by the I Ching)
From Puttering Between The New Ringmaster Te and No Port in a Storm
- Aku's power is directed to keeping the Great Spirits from realizing that Spider is a skinwalking demon.
- The Great Spirits would oppose Spider much more strongly if they realized His true nature.
- Bear told Anto and his visitors that a clash between the people of two Great Spirits would be a civil war.
- Spider touches as many people as the other Great Spirits.
You lightly doodle over "as many"
- Revealing Spider's true nature to the other Great Spirits would result in a civil war in the Middle Kingdom.
You cross out the first "w"
- Revealing Spider's true nature to the other Great Spirits would result in a war in the World Above.
You cross out the same "w", but more lightly than before.
From Puttering Between No Port in a Storm and Stirring up Trouble
- The Sun's Daughter did not return the affections of the Moon's Son.
- As a result, the Sun's Daughter is now encased in the Ice Pagoda.
- The Moon's Son visits the Pagoda every month at the dark of the Moon.
- The Moon's power is weakest at the dark of the Moon.
- The Moon's Son wishes to keep the Sun's Daughter trapped in the Ice Pagoda.
- The Moon's Son is too powerful to safely approach in the World of Dreams.
This is all true.
From Puttering Between Stirring up Trouble and The Producer
- The Dark Sorceress the Adjudicator was looking for in the last run was Chantou.
- Chantou was messing with the Tongs somehow.
- The Adjudicator wants Chantou dead.
- The knife the Adjudicator gave Xian was crafted to kill a certain group or type of person,
but mismade so it is "just" a lot of damage.
- The knife was supposed to kill Xian's sisterhood.
You squiggle lightly over "supposed to"
The Shadow has cut a deal with the Moon's Son to take out the free members of Xian's sisterhood.
During The Producer
- Some Northern Barbarians are interested in supporting Wolf in his play for the Cycle.
- Those Northern Barbarians are out of favor with the Great Khan.
- Wolf's attitude is similar in some ways to the Northerners.
- The Northerners supporting Wolf think he will make the Empire
- The Northerners supporting Wolf hope to regain
the favor ofthe Great Khan.
- The Northerners supporting Wolf hope to undermine the Great Khan.
From Puttering Between The Producer and Stone in the Earth
- Wolf helped with a change in the world above during the play ritual, so most people think that everything is as it always was.
- The Marked have lost their Mark, so at least most of them also believe that the Arcade is as it has always been.
- The Marked still want to change the Chi flow of the Arcade so they are benefiting from it.
- The Marked still think they arranged for Ezokin to get the Magpie Talisman so that he would set the Chi flow of the Arcade in a way more to their liking.
- Ezokin knows there was a change because he was involved in the ritual, but may be unsure on exactly what happened.
- The Alchemist and/or the Cartogromancer have personal protections that mean they know there was a change.
Not quite true enough to hold together.
During Stone in the Earth
- The Sankara Stone is a burden in the Empire.
- Talismans are a similar burden outside the Empire.
- Talismans lower your stat to 3 instead of doubling it outside the Empire.
- The Sankara stone will similarly reverse its blessings in the Empire.
- There is a Talisman for each Great Spirit.
- There is a Sankara Stone for each Southern God.
This is all true.
From Puttering Between Stone in the Earth and A Horse and His Boy
- The Shrouded Isle blockade is down.
- The blockade
was importantto the Marked as a means to keep the Song of the Phoenix from working against them.
- The Sea Lord
is assemblinga large fleet, reportedly to do something other than re-establish the blockade.
- The Obsidian Warlord is rumored to be preparing a push for the Imperial Throne.
- The Sea Lord's fleet will be used to help with the Warlord's plan for laying claim to the Throne.
- The Sea Lord's fleet will be used to put a Spider-ish tag on the
Int with Interpret Omens to try and figure out if the verbs are crossed out because they're the wrong tense, or because there's something more wrong with them than that. Successes: 4.
You think "is assembling" is more about tense, but the "was important" is something more wrong than that.
From Puttering Between A Horse and His Boy and Dramatic Arts
- The fates of the Pearl of the Taiga and her husband are tied to the fate of the Taiga itself.
- The Pearl of the Taiga and her husband hold the Fox Talisman.
- The Taiga is Fox's country.
- The Talismans are tied to their Spirits country.
The fates of the Pearl of the Taiga and her husband are tied to the fate of the Taiga because they hold the Fox Talisman.
- The Pearl of the Taiga and her husband hold the Fox Talisman because they are tied to the fate of the Taiga.
You lightly doodle over the last two.
During Dramatic Arts
- Councillor Qiangdu Lua is trying to make the roads more Tortoise-y.
- The Regent vetoes that plan.
- Councillor Qiangdu & his secret society are planning to frame the Regent as secretly allied with the South to discredit him.
- No actual Southerners are involved.
- No actual assassination is planned.
- The frame will go off tomorrow.
This is all true
From Puttering Between Dramatic Arts and Traveling with the Butterfly Prince's Servant
- Sankara Stones are a burden inside the Empire.
- Great Talismans are a burden outside the Empire.
- Putting down a burden is bad for you.
You change the period to a question mark, and tap it several times.
- Putting down a burden is bad for the Spirit/God it is tied to.
You lightly doodle over "for the Spirit/God it is tied to" and then consider rewriting it, and then don't.
- I could dream of Magpie while wearing his Talisman in the North.
- I could dream of Ratri if I carried her Sankara Stone in the Empire.
You cross out "if I carried her Sankara Stone", then decide that's kind of banal, then consider crossing out "of" instead, and give up.
From Puttering Between Traveling with the Butterfly Prince's Servant and Battle for the Ice Pagoda
- It is Dangerous to the Isle of Beauty for Regent Ishii to learn of his daughter.
- Long Yue-Mei knows she should not look for her Father and does not believe she has recently learned of him.
- My Sense Mistake shtick went off when I said Long Yue-Mei did not know who her Father was.
- Long Yue-Mei knew who her Father was at that time,
but has since forgotten.
Long Yue-Mei deliberately arranged to forget in the NPC run.
- Regent Ishii does not currently know of his daughter, and is unlikely to learn in the next few months.
From Puttering Between Dar War Bar and Ninjapalooza
- The Cartogramancer wants Wall sections built on the Isle of Beauty and the Shrouded Isle.
- The Obsidian Warlord has the Dragon Army clearing out and repairing the South Wall.
- The Marked want the Bridge of Moonlight moved.
- The Construction Battilion Commander and his wife are currently in Hidden City.
- The Marked are
pressuringthe Commander to work on one or more of the above projects.
You lightly scribble on "pressuring".
The Commander has agreed to prioritize one or more of the above projects.
From Puttering Between Ninjapalooza and TPK
- In order to switch the Islands back, a first step is connecting Da-Xie to the Isle of Beauty and Wei Han to the Shrouded Isle.
These connections need to be mystic, more than political.
- The Shrouded Isle is Phoenix's country, and the Song of the Phoenix holds Phoenix's Talisman.
- The Song of the Phoenix is
sufficientlycentered on the Shrouded Isle that the Marked blockaded the Shrouded Isle to isolate the Song of the Phoenix.
- The Triad is a
keypart of the Song of the Phoenix.
You lightly squiggle around over "key".
- Wei Han accepting service with the Triad rather than the Beautiful Court
would??? change his connection from the Isle of Beauty to the Shrouded Isle.
You cross out "would" and put a question mark on it.
(And a bonus one in the same puttering from Cai Wen:)
- The Great Spirits would generally prefer their countries to be named after them.
- Crane wishes to stay out of the fight between Spider and Dragon.
- Returning the name of Roof of the World to Cranesflight Heights is a step in that fight.
Crane will not help us restore the name.
You squiggle lightly over this one.
- Crane will not oppose us in restoring the name.
- Crane will not be angry at us if we restore the name.
From Puttering Between TPK and Shadow Yoshi
- Aku is a demon of Hungry Darkness.
- Spider is a Great Spirit.
- Aku is a skinwalker who slew (or arranged to have slain) a Spider Spirit of approximately Horse's power and stole it's skin.
- Spider entered the Cycle after Aku was wearing the skin.
- The power of a Great Spirit resides in the skin, not in Aku, and would be lost to him if he lost the skin.
You tap this one a couple of times, but don't cross out anything. You don't quite like it, though.
The power of a Great Spirit resides in Aku, and losing the skin would simply reveal that there is a demon in the Cycle.
From Shadow Yoshi
- Giichi says his brother will come for us.
- Hirosoto thinks that means Toro.
- Hirosoto thinks Aku does not work in the world.
- Aku actually works in the World as Spider.
- Toro will come
- Aku will seek revenge for Giichi's death.
From Spirits of Men
- Southern Gods are creatures of the physical world, not the worlds beyond.
You tap the word 'not' a few times, but don't cross it out.
- Southern Gods have power over the worlds beyond.
- Phoenix was a creature of the Southern World Above.
- Phoenix was of lesser power when she was a creature of the South.
Southern Gods are similar to greatly powered Golden Palace Immortals.
Southern Gods were originally mortals, not spirits.
You cross out 'were', but then you decide it's correct and put it back and cross out 'originally.' But that's also right, so you put it back and cross out 'were originally'. Then you put those back and cross out 'mortals', but 'mortals' is the key to the whole thing, so you put that back and decide that everything is correct, so you cross it all out.