A metal sorcerer and ritualist, Hsu Verity designed the play/ritual to tap the energy of the tael circulating through the Hon'eth Arcade and funnel it into the arts. She agreed to teach Shen-Ji if the circus helped her finish the ritual.
She and her friends are investigating a ritual which, if successful, will create a spirit of a city.
Level 1 shticks:
- Finger on the Balance: As part of a sorcerous ritual, I can adjust the balance of one element/action/cycle. (Metal, I can adjust all the way; others less so.). Freq 2, Power 3.
- Know North: Caster can sense the magnetic field of the planet and know which way is north/south. Sense can be disturbed/scrambled by external magnetic fields and large amounts of nearby metal. Freq 6, Power 1.
- Master of Rituals I: 1/turn, +3 dice to invoke the Tao. Freq 3, Power 2.
- Ritual Tweak: 1/run, spend a Yin to get a hint from the GM about a ritual you're working on. Freq 1, Power 5.
- Summon Forge: The caster can spend a Yang to summon a working forge from the earth (1/run) . Freq 1, Power 5.
Level 2 shticks:
- Major Control of Metal: Caster can cause an object of up to Yang successes x 20 pounds total weight and having a non-trivial metal component to move/fly at a rate of Yang successes per phase. Not usable as a weapon. Freq 3, Power 3.
- Sense Magic: 1/scene, can sense nearby magic items and effects. Freq 3, Power 3.
- Tap Audience: In a performance which is also a ritual, I can tap the audience's Chi and spend it instead of mine. They must be (sort of) informed. 1/book. Freq 1, Power 10.
- Wear Armor: Can wear metal armor. Freq 6, Power 2.
Level 3 shticks:
- Destroy Wood: 1/round, caster can cause normal wood of up to Yang successes x 100 pounds to splinter and disintegrate. Freq 4, Power 4.
- Master of Rituals II: 1/scene, +3 dice and +3 skill to someone else in a ritual/experiment I am working on. Freq 3, Power 6.
- Metal Resists: 1/turn, may spend 1 Yin to take half damage from a magical effect. Freq 3, Power 6.
Level 4 shticks:
- Iron Arrow: 1/turn, allows caster to conjure forth a metal arrow and shoot it at a target; damage is 4xYang successes. Freq 4, Power 6.
- Soak: I take half damage from magical rituals and experiments (physical damage only). Freq 6, Power 4.
Level 5 shticks:
- Greater Sword of the Earth: Costs 1 Yang to use. Summons a very sharp (x5) metal sword. Effect is that the blade emerges from the ground in front of caster. Sword lasts for duration of scene/combat and then sinks back into the ground. Freq 5, Power 5.