Xiao Fa Shtick Notes
Shticks Requiring Homework
Withering Strike: Homework done
Shticks to Buy At Some Point
Reflex Blockage: Power 8, Freq 2. Roll Yang with Chi Mastery skill. -1 Reflexes *and* Mov (not HP) for every 2 successes, Dodgeable. L3, Self-Taught. 32 EPs.
Focus Chi: Spend an action for +N dice. Teachable by Master Tranh
Positive Feng Shui: Determine the key change needed to attract a particular spirit that you have some sort of connection to/with. F:2 P:4 L2 and 8 Eps. Teachable by Master Tranh
Renouncing Feng Shui: Ward an area against a particular type of spirit. F:2 P:5 L:2 10 Eps. Teachable by Master Tranh
Withering Strike: BEWARE: DARK CHI! Power 8, Freq 1. Attack with Yang with Chi Mastery and do sqrt[successes] of Health/Structural damage. Normal defenses do not apply. No range. L2. Self-Taught. 16 EPs
Healer of Note: Power 3, Freq 3 (4 to do multiple people a night). You now heal people under your care at +1xHealth per night. If you are a healer, you now heal as if you were a healing house. Will probably buy at P:3, F:4 (12 pts, L2), from Master Kwan.
Healing Wave: Power 6 (x3, Explosion), Self-taught, major
Positive Karma: I take 1 pt of healing (up to my maximum healing number) for every die of healing I do to someone else. Power 4. Self-taught, major.
Negative Karma: Attackers take 1 pt of damage, through armor, for each die of damage they do me. Power 4. Self-taught, major.
Silver Dragons Yang Team: Power 10.
Silver Dragons Yin Team: Power 8 or 9.
Long-Arm Chi: Grant Ranged to one of my Chi Healing shticks of power N or lower. (Level 2, P:5 (for Power 3 or lower effects), F:2, 10 pts.) Can't grow to more than Frequency 4. Mastery shtick.
Re-visualize Chi: Temporarily rewrite a chi-based shtick in a minor way, P:10, F:2, 20 pts.) Mastery shtick.
Poll Chi: Poll the local chi to receive a general chi-based Lay of the Land. Several uses in different areas will provide explicit homework to find out more about what is going on, what is 'right' and what is 'wrong.' P:5. F:2. Self-Taught, non-mastery, 20 pts, Level 2.
Dragon's Discernment: Spend 10 minutes with it and understand the underlying symbolic significance of some item/action/person. Power 5. Buy 3 pt Symbology to use with it when GMs want to know how well you did.
Voice of the Dragon: Power 5.
Analyze Chi: Get a Yin roll to get information about an incoming Sorcery/Chi/Fu effect: What it does and how much damage/die it is doing. Power 3 as a sense mode, Power 4 to also be an interrupt in-combat.
Chi Riposte: Any Chi, Sorcery, or Fu effect can be channeled/redirected away from the target. Only successes on the Yin roll can be rolled to redirect. Non-redirected effect is suffered by the target. About Power 5. Progression makes sense to be Barrier, then Riposte, then Blast.
Imperial: I can buy Imperial Shticks. (unteachable). Freq 2, Power 3.
Imperial Command: Imperial Soldiers (non-coms) will instinctively obey. Freq 3, Power 5.
Imperial Smile: x2 Charisma or Status for a private 1-on-1 conversation. Freq 3, Power 7.
Make Working: Produce a working to change the name of a country after Polling its Chi and doing the resulting Homework. Freq 1, Power 8, Major, Mastery.
Unimpressed: Half successes from social effects used on me. P:6, F:5, Minor
Imperial Presence: I can bypass all scheduling mechanics to visit Imperial Regents. Freq 2, Power 6.
Imperial Eye: I can instantly determine the relevance of something to the Imperial Succession. Freq 5, Power 5.
Imperial Stature: I never have lower than the second highest status in the room. Freq 6, Power 6.
Imperial Identity: The Imperial Identity is sacrosanct. (Immune to bureaucratic nightmares.). Freq 6, Power 7.
Hew Close to My Convictions: Once a run, get a hint as to whether I am about to betray one of my own guiding principles. Freq:2 Power 4. Self-taught, minor.
Shtick Progression Plan
Shticks to buy:
- Level 1, Sovereign Among His People, P:6, F:1, Minor, x2 self taught=18 pts.Or:
- Level 2, Sovereign Among His People, P:6, F:2, Minor, Self Taught=36 pts.
- Honorable: 1/scene, +3 dice to resisting dishonorable temptation (such as seduction attempts from married women). Freq 3, Power 2.
- Power of Conviction: 1/run, after surviving meaningful attack/combat, double dice for persuading. Freq 1, Power 6.
- Sincerity: +3 dice to Persuasion for things that I sincerely believe. However, I am always at +2 difficulty to convince someone of something I do not believe. Freq 5, Power 1.
- Soft Passing: If someone is dying, I can allow their passing to be painless and with peace. Freq 5, Power 1.
- Let's Talk About This: I can give an enemy an action which is only usable for Social. Freq 5, Power 3.
Older Shtick Notes
On 'Pass Without Disturbance' and 'Shape Chi'
It is *safest* to have them both at four: Pass Without Disturbance at 4 lets you make multiple stealth rolls. Shape Chi at 4 lets you sneak through something with more than one "area of chi" (i.e. crossing the watchful river, then going through the watchful sand garden). Shaping one area wouldn't affect the chi of another.
(On the other hand, if crossing the river was particularly complicated and time-consuming, then the sand garden would probably be a new scene...)
Both of these have now been bought to Frequency 4.
On Feng Shui Shticks
Master Tranh has a power 4 shtick in determining the key change needed to attract a particular spirit that you have some sort of connection to/with. At Freq 2 (once a run) that's level 2 and 8 Eps. He also has a power 5 shtick in warding an area against a particular type of spirit. At Freq 2, that's also level 2. 10 Eps.
- Wow, this is suddenly a super-enticing pair of shticks!
On Personal Chi Shticks
What Do You Need? You can design a healing/meditation/chi adjustment for complicated conditions. It will generally involve homework or time or ingredients. Power 8
Ranged Chi Ball attack: Roll Yang, damage x1, resisted by Yin (Tao 0 people are not immune)= Power 4
Ranged Chi Ball attack: Roll Yang, damage x4, resisted by Yin (Tao 0 people are not immune)= Power 7
- Damage x1 = +1 etc
- Range = +1
- Other Attack Form (Yang based Chi-blast) = +1
- Resisted by yin = +0 if Tao 0 people are immune, or +1 if they are not
Limited Chi defense: Power 4 (~half damage or add resistance)
Broader Chi Defense: Power 7
From Dragon. All are Minor Concept (so x1.5).
- Level 1 shtick: (must be bought first): Imperial: I can buy Imperial Shticks. (unteachable). Freq 2, Power 3. Bought
- Level 2 shtick: Imperial Presence: I can bypass all scheduling mechanics to visit Imperial Regents. Freq 2, Power 6. Bought
- Level 3 shtick: Imperial Command: Imperial Soldiers (non-coms) will instinctively obey. Freq 3, Power 5. Bought
- Level 4 shtick: Imperial Smile: x2 Charisma or Status for a private 1-on-1 conversation. Freq 3, Power 7. Bought
- Level 5 shtick: Imperial Eye: I can instantly determine the relevance of something to the Imperial Succession. Freq 5, Power 5. Bought
- Level 6 shtick: Imperial Stature: I never have lower than the second highest status in the room. Freq 6, Power 6. Bought
- Level 7 shtick: Imperial Identity: The Imperial Identity is sacrosanct. (Immune to bureaucratic nightmares.). Freq 6, Power 7. Bought